Here’s my CV for a Russian-English legal interpreter in London:
Objective: To secure a position as a Russian-English legal interpreter in London where I can utilize my language skills and legal knowledge to facilitate communication and ensure accuracy in legal proceedings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Russian language and literature from [Name of University], [Year of Graduation]
- Juris Doctor degree from [Name of Law School], [Year of Graduation]
- Fluent in Russian and English, with extensive knowledge of legal terminology in both languages
- Familiarity with legal systems and court procedures in Russia and the UK
- Experience providing legal interpretation services in court hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and other legal proceedings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Proficient in using CAT tools and other translation software
- Freelance legal interpreter for various clients, including law firms, government agencies, and international organizations, providing interpretation services in court hearings, depositions, and other legal proceedings
- Worked as an in-house legal interpreter for [Law Firm Name], where I provided interpretation services for clients from Russia and other countries
- Assisted in translation of various legal documents such as contracts, agreements, and court documents
- Provided legal interpretation services at the Royal Courts of Justice and Crown Prosecution Service in London
- Served as a legal interpreter in international arbitration proceedings at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the International Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC), and the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI)
- Interpreted for the Office of the Prosecutor General in Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan during various legal proceedings
- Worked with the Anglo-Russian Law Association and attended the St. Petersburg Legal Forum as a legal interpreter
- Collaborated with leading UK and international legal practices, including SJ Berwin, Devonshires, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, DLA Piper, Hogan Lovells International, Grant Thornton, Jones Day, Berkeley Law, Allen and Overy, McGuire Woods, Stephenson Harwood, Peters and Peters, and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Certified legal interpreter from [Certification Body], [Year of Certification]
- Native language: Russian
- Second language: English
References: Available upon request
Note: Tailor your CV to your specific skills and experiences. Make sure to highlight any relevant legal experience, including internships or previous legal work. Be sure to proofread your CV and ensure that it is free of errors and easy to read. Additionally, you may want to consider joining professional associations for legal interpreters to further develop your skills and network.
Experience: Freelance legal interpreter for various clients, including law firms, government agencies, and international organizations, providing interpretation services in court hearings, depositions, and other legal proceedings Worked as an in-house legal interpreter for [Law Firm Name], where I provided interpretation services for clients from Russia and other countries Assisted in translation of various legal documents such as contracts, agreements, and court documents
As a professional interpreter in London, I have worked with the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) and the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) on several occasions.
One such instance involved an executive who required my interpretation services for a meeting with key stakeholders in the London business community at the LCCI. As a non-native English speaker, the executive needed my expertise to ensure effective communication.
During the meeting, I provided real-time interpretation services between English and the executive’s native language, facilitating clear understanding among all parties involved. I ensured that the meeting flowed smoothly, helped clarify misunderstandings, and ensured that all parties had their voices heard.
Following the success of the meeting, the executive asked me to accompany him to another meeting the next day with the CBI, one of the UK’s leading business organizations. As an interpreter, I helped the executive effectively communicate his ideas and understand the perspectives of the CBI representatives, paving the way for mutually beneficial collaborations.
Working with the LCCI and CBI has allowed me to utilize my language skills to facilitate communication and bridge cultural and linguistic barriers. These organizations play a critical role in driving business growth and innovation in London, and it is an honor to contribute to their success. By helping businesses from different parts of the world work together to achieve their goals, I have been able to make a meaningful impact in the world of business.